Welcome!

Thanks for taking time to look at my blog.
This was made for aspiring writers by an aspiring writer, these are little hints that I've discovered along my writing journey.
Enjoy!

Most of the websites I talk about in my blogs will be posted off to the right as a link.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Similar Things

I touched briefly on this in the How to Write a Fight post but now I'll cover it a little more thoroughly.
As you write your book or play (or whatever it is you're writing) think up a list of movies and books that are similar to yours.  Maybe it will give you some new ideas but don't do things exactly the same and especially if it was very popular and you have similar things happening in your story make sure it differs enough that people won't instantly think of it as a remake.  Make sure the plot is different, unless of course that is exactly what you're trying to do.  For instance from what I understand Gnomeo and Juliet was trying to redo Shakespeare's famous play and turn it into a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment